Sunday, January 8, 2012

Delish Dinner Rolls


I've never had a lot of luck making yeast rolls or breads.  They always come out heavier than I would like.  BUT I made rolls last week and they were fabulous!  The recipe was simple, but time consuming as all yeast recipes tend to be.  I can't wait to make these again!  I served them for dinner with a brown sugar glazed ham roast, cheesy mashed potatoes and a green salad with homemade dressing.  It was a delightful meal!  I think I may add more sugar next time to go for a sweet taste like the Texas Roadhouse or Golden Corral.


Homemade Dinner Rolls

4 1/2 - 5 1/2 c. white flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 T yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 c. milk (I used skim)
1/2 c. water
1 T butter
2 eggs


Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt.  Heat the milk, water and butter to warm.  Add to dry ingredients.  Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.  Add 2 eggs and beat on high for 2 minutes.  Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. 

Turn onto a floured counter or cutting board and knead for 6-8 minutes.  Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top of the dough.  Cover and let rise until double.  Punch dough down.  Turn onto floured surface.  Divide into 24 balls of dough and place in 2 greased 9x13 pans.  Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise until double.  Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.  Brush with melted butter while still hot.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

My mouth is watering!!! They look soooo yummy.