Sunday, June 18, 2017

Cherry Cream Pie


Having a cherry tree in my yard means I often have canned cherries on my shelf. I needed a last minute dessert for Father's Day dinner tonight and this cherry pie came out amazing! I will be making it again, for sure!

Cherry Cream Pie

1 quart canned cherries, drained or fresh cherries, pitted

homemade or store-bought graham cracker crust

Cream:
3/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. flour
dash salt
1/2 tsp corn starch
2 eggs
1/2 c. sour cream

Topping:
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. cold butter

Pour the cherries into the pie pan lined with graham cracker crust. Mix your cream ingredients well.  Pour over cherries, moving cherries around as needed to allow the cream mixture to settle in. For topping, cut butter into the sugar and flour until it resembles crumbs. Sprinkle topping over cherries and cream.  Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.  If edges of graham cracker crust start to darken, cover edges with tin foil. Serve warm with ice cream.

2 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

A cherry tree would be so divine!
Your crust looks very flakey. I'll have to give this a try.

Unknown said...

hi how to visit my blog click here