Friday, September 26, 2014

Feelin' Feminine Friday: China Sets


I feel that pretty china is one of the most feminine things in my house!  I love looking at it, displaying it and using it!  I'm borderline totally obsessed with vintage china.  When I find a new-to-me set of china I get so excited!  I do sell china sets and teacups so I don't get too overrun in my home by vintage china, but even if I only get to own it for a minute, that's enough!  I bond with every china piece I come into contact with.  If it's a large set I think of the care it took to keep all the pieces together.  If it's a single piece I wonder where the rest of the set ended up.

Beautiful china depicts a different era and mindset.  It speaks to me of picking your china pattern as part of your engagement, luncheons with the ladies and afternoon teas with a loved one.  I'm always tempted to invite ladies over for herbal tea and maybe some sandwiches or homemade rolls, but it seems like our world is so go-go-go all the time I almost don't want to inconvenience my fellow moms by making them slow down.  Isn't this a silly world we live in?  Perhaps I should start a once a month tea tradition.  It doesn't have to be a huge ordeal, just a couple of friends getting together and enjoying a slice of old fashioned femininity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that's a great idea! I'd participate. :)