Friday, September 13, 2013

Simple & Inexpensive Halloween Pedestal Jars


These were so much fun to make!  They look great all together as a centerpiece or placed here and there around the house!


You can use any candle holders you like for bases!  Once painted you can't even tell these guys were snowmen.  Candle holders are super cheap at thrift stores and yard sales.  A lot of times the dollar store has them too!  The jars are just old glass food jars!


Paint the candle holders and lids black or whatever Halloweeny color you want.  Glue them to the jars with a heavy duty epoxy.  I like E6000.  Let the glue set overnight.



I found fun Halloween graphic online and printed them on orange paper for really inexpensive jar fillers.  A few glittered spiders and some candy corn worked great too!



This little guy is a Styrofoam ball painted orange and glued into a mini baking cup.  A bead is the "cherry".  A glittered spider is trying to catch the plastic fly under the dome!


These make great gifts too!  I love Halloween!

4 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...

Great Idea! They look amazing. Can't believe it is time to even be thinking about Halloween. You have inspired me. Off to dig a glass jar out of the trash.:)

Unknown said...

You are so creative! I love these....what a great idea. :)

Valerie said...

These are so great! You have been very busy, as always.

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Your bottles and jars are awesome, I love creative Halloween, you have some great inspirational pieces, I think I might just have to try a few of those, fun and spooky...come for a visit and let me know what you think of the goulie house sitters,,,Phyllis