Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Canning Jar Banana Bread


I love banana bread... I also love canning jars.  Why not combine them?  These are more like large muffins than bread, but muffins are basically just little breads anyways, right? :)

I always have bananas in my freezer so I can make banana bread anytime my little heart desires.

Banana Bread in Jars

2 extra ripe bananas
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 c. oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c. chocolate chips

Spray five 1-cup wide mouth canning jars with cooking spray.  Fill each jar half full with batter.  Bake at 375 for 18-25 minutes until done.

Don't they look delicious?

They're fun sliced up into little round slices of bread.  Top with butter or cream cheese for a delicious snack or breakfast!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Oh my gosh...how cute!! They are the perfect presentation and I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE banana bread!

ps-visit my blog when you get a chance to pick up YOUR award:)

Pat said...

I love this idea!! So cute, and so practical! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Pat

Anonymous said...

omg yum! I am so trying this angie!
-janie