Monday, October 4, 2010

Chili Cheese Fries for Dinner *football party dinner idea*

Chili cheese fries is a simple casserole that your family won't even know is a casserole! This is one of my kids' favorite dinners and it's an inexpensive football party meal. I like to freeze leftover chili to use for fries or use a fat free canned chili. This chili I used this time happened to have corn in it and it was super yummy on the fries!

Chili Cheese Fries

frozen french fries
chili, canned or homemade
cheese

Bake the french fries as directed on package. Place in a 9x13 pan. Top with chili and then cheese. Bake at 350 until chili is warm and cheese is melted.

Here's another super easy football party idea (even though salad may not be "manly"). Lay out all the makings for some awesome salads.


Shredded pork or beef can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer. Simply warm the meat and have everyone pile on the toppings. It's healthier than most football party foods, but still hearty and scrumptious!

4 comments:

MelMel said...

Looks really tasty!xx

Valerie said...

Yum! I'm always looking for new recipes to feed my crew.

Jenny Lynn said...

I like how you make your chili fries in a dish. I am going to try this some time soon.

Rebecca1979 said...

I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at it..LOL!!!