Monday, May 3, 2010

Fajita Corn Bread Bake


You can usually find seasoned fajita meat in the meat section of the grocery store, if not make your own.

Fajita Corn Bread Bake

1 lb fajita mix (seasoned meat w/peppers & onions)
1 pkg corn bread mix for an 8x8" pan plus ingredients to make
1 c. shredded cheese
sour cream to top

Cook the meat mixture until done. Place in an 8x8" pan. Mix the corn bread mix as directed on the package adding just a tad more liquid than called for. Pour the corn bread batter over the meat and bake as directed on package label. When bread is golden brown and done sprinkle cheese on top and bake another couple of minutes until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and serve. YUMMY!

6 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That does look delicious! I'm going to give that a try. I've never bought fajita meat before.

One Pretty Little Box said...

Well, slap me silly and call me uncle sam! I just may make this on Wed (Cinco demayo is a perfect time to indulge right?). IF not, I will definately make it soon. YUMMO

Amy said...

This looks fantastic. Fajita meat is plentiful around here. It would be a good way to use up the yummy leftovers from the trip to the Mexican place.

Have a blessed day. You are in my prayers.

Mandy Bird said...

I found this blog through MMB and am hooked! I'm also thinking you're a pretty awesome mom :)

Debs said...

i need to try out more of your recipes....but i fear the weight gain on some of them cos i know they will need to be made over and over cos of their yumminess!! :)

keep them coming, if all i do is drool i'm happy!! LOL

sanjeet said...

Have a blessed day. You are in my prayers.
post free classifieds