Saturday, February 13, 2010

Homemade Almond Joys

Almond Joys are one of my FAVORITE candy bars... It is a very, very dangerous thing that I've figured out how to make them at home. They are WONDERFUL! I pretty much lived off of them for three days (sad but true).

Almond Joys

1/2 c. sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla (real if you have it)
2 c. powdered sugar
1 14 oz bag sweetened coconut
bag chocolate chips
1 T oil
almonds

Mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and powdered sugar. Stir in the coconut. The mixture will be really thick. Press into an 8x8 pan and refrigerate until firm. Once firm, remove from pan and cut into small squares and place on wax paper. Melt the chocolate chips and the oil together in the microwave and stir until smooth. Either dip each square in the chocolate or just drizzle the chocolate over the top and place on wax paper. Press an almond into the top of each while the chocolate is still wet or sprinkle with slivered almonds. Let chocolate set and enjoy! So yummy!!!





13 comments:

Unknown said...

G'morn ~ I would NOT dare copy this recipe down as I'D NEVER get out of the kitchen & would become a diabetic ... you enjoy every one of them & have one for me please.

Happy Valentine's
Have a loving weekend.
Hugs, Marydon

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Yummy! I LOVE Almond Joys!

Happy Valentine's Day,
Jacalyn
www.rmeboutique.com

Beansieleigh said...

Oh! Bless you!... A RECIPE!! I HAVE to try these!! These look delicious, so thanks for sharing how to make them! Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you have a very Happy Valentine's Day too! ~tina

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh. MY. HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love Almond Joys..dang you!
OK enough swearing.
You are awesome!

My verification word:
plate
I kid not! Perfect word for your blog. Pass the plate!!!!!

Megan said...

I love almond joys too. I will have to try this recipe. Looks yummy!

Patricia said...

Oh my, do I thak you or not for the recipe? I am going to make these.
Happy Valentine's To You !
Happy Pink Saturday !!! and have a lovely
new week.

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

I am so trying this tomorrow...

Mary said...

Oh, I have been looking for this recipe for a long time (I lost it). Saw your comment on a military wife blog. My husband has been retired from the military for 15 years.

Your favorite sister said...

Uhm yeah, that is dangerous. Favorite candy of all time! (:

http://wwwmartha-wannabe.blogspot.com

Kathy C. said...

Angie...Almond Joys are my favs too! Oh yum! I made a similar concoction one day when I was craving this badly,lol...but yours look so much easier and prettier! :)

Anonymous said...

These look wonderfully good and fabulous - bad on a diet though. Thanks, I gotta make em.

Nikki said...

I made these yesterday for my hubby for Valentine's Day - he LOVED them! Thank you SO much!!

Deb said...

i made some of these too and sent them to neighbours kids in gift bags!! great minds n all that! lol
x