Monday, November 16, 2009

The Best Spinach-Artichoke Dip

I LOVE spinach dip and Costco carries a pretty dang good one, but I like making my own too.

This recipe is FANTASTIC! You can use frozen spinach, but it comes out so much yummier with fresh :)

With Thanksgiving just around the corner it's time to start thinking about appetizer ideas. This dip can be made the day before and warmed in a smaller crockpot, leaving you with no last minute prep. Hooray!

Spinach Artichoke Dip

8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. mayo
6.5 oz jar artichoke hearts, drained
4 oz can diced green chilis
1 c. shredded Italian cheese
10 oz fresh spinach

Cook spinach in a covered saucepan with a small amount of water until done. Drain well. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan or microwavable bowl and cooking until hot and cheeses are melted. Serve on french bread (my fave), bagels or with tortilla chips.

5 comments:

Dianna said...

Looks yummy! We actually just ate this for dinner last night. Shh, don't tell.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Can I opt the artichokes?

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That looks very good! I love artichoke dip but have never made it, I guess your recipe will be going on the list of things to cook.

Anonymous said...

i really must remember to eat before i visit your blog, who knows what cravings i get when i'm here and im so ticked off when i dont have in whatever thats making my mouth water that you've made!!!!

me

Anonymous said...

Ummmm. I wish I wasn't on a diet now!