Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017: The Best is Yet to Come!





It's New Year's Day!  I've been pondering on my goals and my word for 2017 over the last couple of weeks.  I've decided my word of the year will be JOY!  Last year my word was MAGIC and so many magical things happened! I held a baby panther!!! You can't get much more magical than that! This year I want pure JOY in my life!

Each year there are so many things I want to improve on.  This year I feel like I have a mix of big goals I want to accomplish and maintaining I need to do:

Spiritual-  Spiritual comes first on my list because God is number one in my life.  My spiritual goal for 2017 is once again to attend the temple at least four times during the year.  I think the first step in this goal is to find a good friend to go with me.  I'm not motivated to go all by myself. 

Physical-  My physical goal is to focus on a healthier lifestyle.  I want to avoid eating out as much as possible, go to water aerobics at least once a week and cut most soda pop out of my life.  

Intellectual-  My intellectual goal for the year is to complete 4-5 classes at the local community college in 2017 and get straight As in all my classes.  I've enrolled in two fashion design classes and start school in a week!  I'm pretty nervous, but also excited for this new adventure!  

Emotional-  My emotional goal is to continue to attend support group meetings and Relief Society meetings, even though I'm going to be busier with school.  I need the emotional support that comes from these types of meetings. 

Social-  My social goal for 2017 is to socialize more as a couple.  My husband is not a fan of socializing. At all. Under any circumstances.  I miss hanging out with other couples, so I'm setting a goal for more double dates and couple parties.  

Financial-   My financial goal is to make and sell 50 skirts and/or aprons this year... This one seems a little overwhelming to me, but I think I can do it!

Adventure-  It wouldn't be a New Year's resolution list for me without a travel goal!  My goal is once again to visit at least one state I've never been to before.  I also plan to go on a couple of camping trips!  We didn't take our camper out one single time last year, so I need to clean the dust off and go have some camping fun!

What about you?  Have you made any goals for the new year?

1 comment: