Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Old fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Jake was going to be gone for a couple of days so I told him I'd make him some cookies to take with him.  He requested oatmeal raisin.  I don't make oatmeal raisin cookies often because none of my kids like them.  If fact when they saw the cookies on the counter they ran into me and said, "Can we have some of those cookies???"  I responded, "They have raisins in them."  Nina pouted, "Mom!  This is why I have trust issues!"  Haha!  If you want to have cookies all to yourself in my house you add raisins!

I decided to use an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe from one of my vintage cookbooks because oatmeal raisin cookies are totally grandma cookies.  They came out soft and delicious!  As they were cooking Jake sat there like a little kid staring into the oven window waiting for the timer to go off.  The second that timer dinged he was pouring himself a glass of milk and waiting not-so-patiently for me to pull them from the oven!  He's a cookie monster for sure!

You all can have your cookies!  I'm all about the dough!  Raisins, chocolate chips, I don't care!  Cookie dough is yummy!


Old Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

3/4 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. water
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cloves
1 c. raisins
1 c. chopped nuts
3 c. oats

  Heat oven to 350.  Beat shortening, sugars, egg, water and vanilla.  Add remaining ingredients.  Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet or baking stone.  Bake 12-15 minutes.

Immediately remove from cookie sheet. 

No comments: