Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Molasses Cookies


I love Molasses Cookies/Gingersnaps... like a lot!  I love them year-round, not just at Christmastime, but Christmas is usually when I make them.  These cookies are so soft and delicious.  They have a strong flavor, which is fabulous!  For a milder flavor you can switch out the molasses for corn syrup.  It's a trick I learned when molasses just wasn't in my grocery budget.

Molasses Cookies

1 c. real butter, melted & cooled slightly
1 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. molasses
2 eggs
1 T + 1 tsp baking soda
1 T ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp cardamon
1/2 tsp salt
4 c. flour
1 c. white chocolate chips

small bowl of white sugar

Whip butter, brown sugar, molasses and eggs together until well blended.  Add spices and mix.  Add flour and mix well.  Stir in white chocolate chips.  Dough will be soft.  If dough is too-too soft you can add another 1/4 cup of flour.

Use a 1 teaspoon cookie scoop to make balls of dough.  Roll each ball in white sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet or baking stone.  Do not flatten balls.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  Check at 8 minutes and pull out of the oven before completely set.  Carefully remove from cookie sheet as soon as they come out of the oven.  Allow to set, then place in a tightly covered container or plastic baggie to keep soft.

Thing have been getting Christmasy around our house!  I fell in love with this cute reindeer sweater!  Who cares that I've never been to a Christmas sweater party... I'll wear it throughout the holiday season!
 
I just love Christmas and the wonderful spirit it brings with it!  Today I'm going to a holiday potluck, This weekend is our church breakfast... I got asked to participate in the skit, YIKES!  

Next week I'm inviting some ladies over for homemade hot cocoa and cinnamon bread and next Saturday I'm hosting my family Christmas party.  I love it all!



We've been having fun so far this month attending a live nativity and looking at the lights on Temple Square.  We're going on a trip for Christmas again this year, which we're all excited for!  I'd rather make memories with my kids rather that buy them more "stuff" they don't really need.  Happy December!

1 comment:

maineconvert said...

You know what? I absolutely love molasses anything...when I was a kid Grammie gave me molasses in milk, and I LOVE molasses and peanut butter sandwich. The molasses makes the break crunchy a little...yummmmmm

Sometimes on pancakes too. White karo would be good at calming down the strong flavor of that by mixing it in.

Hope lunch was fun...sorry I missed it.
Connie Dickehy