Tuesday, January 14, 2014

You Thought I was Kidding Salad

We don't buy a lot of chips at our house with the exception of tortilla chips. Over the holiday & during our trip we had some chips on hand and as I was organizing the top of my fridge this week I realized my family had put the chip bags away with nothing more than crumbs left. I decided to add them into my cheesy meatloaf! This is what I facebooked: I felt so 1950s putting potato chips into my meatloaf... All I need to do now is slather some mayo on something and call it a salad!   I'm sure everyone thought I was kidding, but mayo really was a big salad ingredient back in the day and it's still yummy now!



One of my favorite salads is Pea Salad! It's very easy & inexpensive to make and it's a great potluck dish because you can make a huge batch with no problems!

Pea Salad 

frozen peas
mayo
shredded cheddar or colby-jack cheese
ranch dressing powder (optional)

Place the peas in a microwavable bowl and heat for 2 minutes until thawed. I don't add any water. You can also thaw them on the stove or in the fridge if you prefer. You just want them thawed, not warm. Add mayo to the peas until the salad is creamy enough for your liking. Add shredded cheese until it is cheesy enough for your liking. Add a dash of ranch dressing powder if you want just a little more flavor. Refrigerate until serving. Yum!


2 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...

The pea salad sounds really yummy!

Cindi said...

Looks good. I think I would also add some cooked crumbled bacon!