Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Got Milk?


I love milk in glass bottles!  I love looking at them and I love drinking from them!  I buy a yogurt drink at the Asian grocery store called Yogu-Time and my girls love them... I remove the labels and hooray... vintage-looking milk bottles.


I discovered that cupcake papers and rubber bands make great toppers for the bottles.  A lot of people used to cover their milk bottles with wax paper and rubber bands so this is a fun take on an old fashioned practice... plus it gives me an excuse to use the cute cupcake papers I collect but never bake with!


Why not fill a vintage metal basket with milks to pull out after dinner to go with brownies or cookies?  Or keep them in the fridge for kids to drink in the mornings with breakfast?  There are so many things you could do with these paper topped milks!

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I have several of those bottles as well. This is a great idea. Thanks for stopping by my site!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What an adorable blog you have here! I've been using a caraffe for my milk until I can find an old milk bottle. We get raw milk in 1 gal glass jars. The kids definitely needs something smaller to handle. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Glad you found my soap recipes. The milk/blender soap is so unbelievably easy. They make great gifts that are really inexpensive.