Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Whole Wheat Blueberry Cookies

I was totally in the mood for cookie dough. Not cookies, but cookie dough. But then I realized I was out of white flour. Drat! So I decided to make cookies and just eat a bit of the dough. For some reason I like my cookie dough with white flour :)

Using whole wheat flour and blueberries in the cookies means they're a little healthier than regular cookies, which is always a good thing!

Whole Wheat Blueberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. chocolate chips
1/4 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 c. frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients except chips and blueberries well with an electric mixer. Mix in chips (you can use just chocolate or just white if that's what you have) and blueberries. Don't allow blueberries to thaw before mixing or they'll get all smashed up. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10-13 minutes. Let cool on pan for a couple of minutes before removing.

Enjoy with a big glass of milk! Yummy!

4 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I think those look delicious.
HOWEVER, I am one of the strange people that doesn't like cookie dough. Not sure why. I've tried to like it.
Next you need to try making peanut butter cookies with whole wheat. You'll never want to make them with white flour again. Usually cookies do taste better with white flour....not these.

I never thought about blueberries in cookies.

Jennifer said...

I've never thought about blueberries either, but they look great...I'll have to try them. :-) And I looove cookie dough. I could make myself sick eating it. I especially love oatmeal cookie dough. Mmm...
Garden of Egan...I'll be trying the PB cookies with whole wheat flour..I can imagine it adding a lot to the taste/texture. :-)

Stephanie said...

A couple days ago I made a small batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough just to eat raw (used powdered egg so I wouldn't feel too guilty, lol).

It's raining and dreary today. I think I need to make some cookies. I can't do blueberry cookies, we don't have blueberries. But I think I'll use whole wheat.

Debs said...

totally yummilishous!! i could just eat them right now :)

me x