Saturday, April 10, 2010

Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

When I was pondering who I wanted to ask to be a guest blogger I knew I had to include Stephanie from Fun Foods on a Budget! and Steph, Jeff and Co.. Her blogs are filled with really inexpensive recipes and fun clothing makeovers. Thanks Stephanie for being my guest!

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be a guest blogger for Angie. I love reading this blog and was honored when Angie asked me to contribute to it. Some of my favorite of Angie's posts are her recipes - they're easy, fun, and delicious. So I thought I'd add an easy recipe of my own. After all, what's more homemaker-ish than preparing delicious foods for your family?


I grew up eating no-bakes cookies made with peanut butter, oats, and chocolate. We called them "emergency cookies" because they were so quick and easy. But a few years ago I discovered that if you leave out the cocoa, you get peanut butter no-bake cookies, and boy are they delicious! I actually like these better than the chocolate variety. Here's the recipe I use.

Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
3 cups oats

Melt butter in large saucepan. Add sugar and milk and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.

Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and stir until peanut butter dissolves. Add oats and mix well.

Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper or foil. Let sit at room temperature until hardened, or chill in refrigerator to harden more quickly.

Kids can help with these too. My kids (ages 4 and 2) love to help measure ingredients, spoon out cookies, and taste-test the finished product. :-)

6 comments:

Tereza said...

I've written this down and will be trying it today. Thankyou!

Tereza said...

I've written this down and will be trying it today. Thankyou!

Chaos Cottage said...

Ooh, those look just like my mom's cookies. They bring back warm memories. I grew up eating these. She got the recipe from a friend in the 1950's. She would use crunchy peanut butter for added crunch and sometimes added raisins. They were so good. I usually add creamy peanut butter because that is what I usually have on hand and I add 4 or 4 T of the cocoa to make then chocolate, as my daughter is a chocoholic! lol Maybe I should sneak some raisins in there too, cause who doesn't like chocolate covered raisins?

mint said...

also add coconut to the orginial recipe!

Anne said...

Cool! I have to try them!

Tereza said...

I made this recipe and posted about it!:)