Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hawaiian Meatballs (mmmmm)



I've been making this dinner for many years. It's a favorite of my kids and my extended family also. I've made this for several families with new babies over the years as well and the recipe is always asked for. It's inexpensive and delicious!!!

sauce:
2 T cornstarch
1 c pineapple juice
½ c vinegar
½ c brown sugar
¼ c soy sauce

meatballs
cooked rice
pineapple chunks

In a saucepan, blend together cornstarch and pineapple juice (I drain mine from a can of pineapple chunks which usually equals a cup). Add remaining sauce ingredients. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Simmer until thick. Stir in meatballs. Serve over rice with pineapple chunks on the side or sprinkled over the top.

I make my meatballs homemade, but obviously it works well with store-bought also. I make my meatballs with turkey burger, cornflakes, egg and soy sauce. Depending on the time I want to take I either cook them in the oven, the microwave or on the stove :)

5 comments:

BECKY said...

Wow!! That looks so yummy!!

I am so excited that I won!! Thank you so much!!
I didn't see your email address, so here is mine: holidayinthesun_1@yahoo.com

I'll email my addy when I hear from you!! Thanks again!!

Have a sunshiney week!
Becky

Anonymous said...

I make meatballs like that. They are delicious. :) (I add a little green pepper to them because I am a rebel and unable to follow a recipe - lol.) I also use buffalo instead of turkey. They are deee-licious. I highly recommend everyone try your recipe.

Arya said...

This sounds and looks so yummy! I will have to try this for my own family.t

Woman Interrupted said...

Looks really good. I will have to try this sauce...just reading the recipe has my mouth watering!

shani said...

How to clean lawn mower carburetor